Herbed Polenta Chips
For the perfect snack or as a saucy side try these oven baked herb polenta fries.
Made Crisp on the outside and creamy ion the inside they are super simple to make and oh so tasty. Spice things up and give them a dip in our Hot beetroot ketchup for the finest fries you’ve ever tasted.
Olive oil for brushing
3 1/4 cups cold water
1 cup polenta
2 tablespoons unsalted vegan butter
1 teaspoon chopped sage
1 teaspoon chopped rosemary
1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan *Look for vegetarian or vegan Parmesan cheese for a fully plant based dish
- Brush an 8-inch square baking dish with oil.
- Combine water, polenta, herbs, and 3/4 teaspoon salt in a heavy medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat, whisking.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring constantly with a long-handled wooden spoon, until polenta begins to pull away from side of pan, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Stir in cheese until incorporated, then transfer polenta to baking dish, spreading evenly with a dampened rubber spatula.
- Chill, uncovered, until set, about 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven. Line a baking sheet with foil and brush with oil.
- Unmold polenta, then cut into 16 (about 4- by 1-inch) sticks. Brush tops with oil and space evenly on baking sheet. Broil about 4 inches from heat until golden, 15 to 20 minutes.Serve with a generous dollop of Hot Beetroot Ketchup and Fox it Up!