Saucy Salmon and Avocado Burgers
Bring on the taste of summer with this zesty salmon and avocado burger. A beautiful balance of the rich and fresh flavours of salmon and creamy avocado with our earthy and tangy beetroot ketchup, this burger is saucy and delicious.
Try whipping these up at the next BBQ for a sure fire healthier family favourite.
- Panko breadcrumbs or 2 thick slices stale white bread (no crusts)
- 750g salmon salmon fillets, skin removed
- 3 spring onions, trimmed and chopped
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 medium egg white
- Soft seeded buns
- Sliced ripe avocado
- Rocket or micro greens
- In a food processor, whizz the bread into crumbs. Cut the salmon into chunks and add to the processor with the spring onions, basil, lemon zest and egg white. Whizz until just combined.Season the salmon mixture well and divide into 4 portions. Shape each into a burger. Cover and chill in the fridge for half an hour at least.
- Heat the oven to 220C/Gas Mark 7.Heat a splash of oil in a large non-stick pan over a high heat. Brown the burgers for 1 min on each side, then place on a baking tray and bake for 10 mins at 220C.
- Serve with rocket and sliced avocado inside the seeded bun and add a generous dollop of our Beetroot Ketchup for the ultimate summer burger.